Pop music?!

>> Sunday 3 October 2010

Oh dear me, what has this world come to? I have always told people that I enjoy music of all genres (minus reggae), but I guess I've acted like a bit of a VK purist ever since I started listening to it. Over the last four years I've become more and more exposed to non-VK music, especially this year with all the C4tv and all the anime.


So, I wanted to comment on/squee over one guy in particular:
Matsushita Yuya.
Or Yuya Matsushita if you wanna be all Westernised and stuff.



SO. Apparently this guy has wanted to sing for the majority of his life. He managed to realise his dream some years ago. He's released x number of singles and albums, sung EDs for Durarara and Kuroshitsuji, and played the role of Sebastian in both Kuroshitsuji musicals.
He is one year younger than me.

Sometimes when I think of this, it makes me feel sad.

Despite that, I think he is pretty deserving of his fame. The guy has such a sweet voice. Although I think that some of his songs could use more bass. He's better suited to ballads and stuff I think.

But yeah. What can I say? I'm envious but at the same time I really admire him.
So, here are a couple of his songs. Bird, the ED for KSTJ, and Trust Me, the DRRR ED:








0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP