K-shows

>> Sunday 8 May 2011

So, now that I'm in this Korean phase, I've stumbled across a few little gems that made my little fangirl heart explode.

When I started watching Running Man, I found out about Sungkyunkwan Scandal, in which Song Joong Ki starred. Curious, I decided to watch it, and I wasn't let down~ without going into the plot (which I don't have the patience for) it's basically about uni life in the Joseon period and follows the daily adventures and misadventures of four students - one of whom happened to be a girl who disguised herself as a guy in order to save her family. Sounds cliche, right? But I've never been one to let cliches get in the way of appreciating things.

I shamelessly admit that I continued to watch the series for the eye candy. Plus it was amusing, seeing Joong Ki's character, Gu Yong Ha, and Moon Jae Shin (played by Yoo Ah In) sharing moments that bordered on shounen-ai... Yong Ha even admitted to having feelings for Jae Shin at one point... xD Plus the lead male thought he was turning gay, falling for the girl-in-men's-clothing. Good times.

Oh gosh, maybe they've become my OTP?? D:

Once finishing that, I was left with a Yoo Ah In-shaped hole in my heart, so I looked up his filmography and found out about Antique, a movie adapted from a BL manga called Antique Bakery.

The boys from Antique

Then away I went and watched the movie, which, funnily enough, also centred around four young men (though they were very definitely all men this time), and their little bakery. It was a pretty artsy movie for what I had expected. I also didn't expect there to be the slightest hint of BL in it, but there was! Kim Jae Wook played the gay of demonic charm, Min Sun Woo, who never failed to seduce any man except for Yoo Ah In's character, plus the main character, played by Joo Ji Hoon.

Again, I shamelessly admit that I watched it for the fanservice. Kim Jae Wook was very convincing x3 But as with SKKS, after I'd watched the movie three or four times, I longed for more... But more Kim Jae Wook this time.

That's how I stumbled upon Mary Stayed Out All Night/Marry Me, Mary. In this drama, Jae Wook plays a straight-laced businessman, Byun Jung In, who competes with the rebellious Kang Mu Gyul (played by Jang Geun Suk) for the affections of Ui Mae Ri (played by Moon Geun Young). Who to choose?? It's basically:




vs.


I'm still watching it right now, but despite the entire drama being focussed on this love triangle, I can't help but imagine the two lead males going for each other. I mean, the two of them having drinks together, then Mu Gyul waking up half-naked in Jung In's bed just as Jung In emerges from the shower... How do you think a BL fangirl is gonna interpret that? Huh? (Mind you, that's how Mae Ri interpreted it too.) And then there was the episode where Mu Gyul proposes that the three of them 'live like we're married'. I know what he means, but when he says that line, he's looking straight at Jung In, and my imagination has a ball. Part of me is thinking how awesome it'd be if Mu Gyul were to fall for the Gay of Demonic Charm xD


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP