The GazettE - Distress and Coma

>> Sunday 6 June 2010



This was a song that kinda grew on me. I thought it was pretty average at first. Although I was entertained at the fact that the first line sounds like "camels in my brain".

The introduction is pretty good, powerful and all that... I didn't like the whiny, nasally voice Ruki sings with though, and frankly, I'm sick of hearing those female backup vocals in their songs. The verse sounds very similar in style to the other songs they made around that time. I didn't find it very remarkable. On the other hand, the pre-chorus builds up quite nicely, leading into a very emotional chorus. The chorus is the highlight of the song for me, which is unusual (seeing as I've heard so many Jrock/VK songs with awesome verses but really weak choruses).

In terms of the music, it served its purpose. The chorus, again, was awesome, bringing the strings in and all. However, in terms of the band, there was nothing out of the ordinary. It sounded like all of them co-operating to make a certain sound to support the vocals. It works of course, but since I like equality and stuff I feel kinda sad for the other boys. ;_; To me it sounds almost like "Ruki + a band", rather than "The GazettE".

All that aside, the lyrics are very nice. Here's a translation:

Until your distress sleeps…Fill me up with your grief

Hello…dear my bride. What is it you're looking at?
Not even butterflies that have fallen to the floor can be gathered up in those eyes.

What I want to forget is that stark white suffering.
It won't die away, that wound that convinces you I believe in you.

Dance, dance, until I'm allowed to sleep I dance. These unrelenting tears...
Killing my voice in these hands that tremble weakly, I drop my lips down to you.

Hello…dear my bride. Your footsteps are scorched.
Somehow, it must be necessary that they’re already becoming a ringing in my ears.

The breath I let out without thinking runs across my skin. On a restrained, swaying sword, your smile...
What I want to forget is that stark white suffering.
It won't die away, that wound that convinces you I believe in you.

My emaciated dreams reflect this moment I can't wake up from. God, even sadness...
If you say that you’re genuine, then I wouldn't mind getting hurt.

Don't forget it, I was captivated by you who knows pain.

And so, goodnight.

Dance, dance, until I'm able to sleep I dance. These unrelenting tears...
Every time I close my heart off when there's nothing left, when it feels like I'll wither away…
In my emaciated dreams, I sing “one more time”. God, even sadness...
If you say that this is you, yourself, then I don't mind getting hurt.

In these dreams that should end, our goodbye is blooming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP